Thursday, March 28, 2013

မယ္ေဟာင္ေဆာင္ဒုုကၡသည္စခန္းမီးေလာင္မႈ ထိုုင္းအစိုုးရ တာ၀န္ရိွ

မီးေလာင္မႈျဖစ္ပြားေသာ အမွတ္ ၂ ကရင္နီဒုကၡသည္စခန္း တေနရာ (ဓါတ္ပံု - Karenni Futher Study Program (facebook))

ထိုင္းႏိုင္ငံရွိ မဲေဟာင္ေဆာင္ ဒုကၡသည္စခမ္း မီးေလာင္မႈဟာ ထိုင္းရဟတ္ယဥ္ေပၚကေန phosphorus ဓာတုေတြၾကဲခ်ျပီး မီးေလာင္ေစမႈျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း ဘန္ေကာက္ပို႕စ္သတင္းစာၾကီးက ဖြင့္ခ်လိုက္ပါတယ္

A police source who questioned Mae Surin camp refugees in the aftermath of the inferno said many witnesses told the officers they saw a helicopter flying above the camp minutes before the fire broke out. They also said they saw a burning object dropped from the helicopter on the roof of a house in Zone 1.

A source from the police forensics team Monday said traces of phosphorus had been found in the grounds of the house where the blaze was believed to have started.

Soil samples from the house would be sent to a Bangkok laboratory for further examination, the source said.

Sunai Phasuk, the Human Rights Watch representative in Thailand, urged the government to quickly and clearly conclude the probe to end all the speculation as the tragedy and the high death toll were being closely watched by human rights organisations and had become a concern among activists.

"The government cannot sit on this issue and let it go with the hope that the public will soon forget about it," he said.

"The government has to come up with an answer."

Meanwhile, the bodies of 36 fire victims at Mae Surin refugee camp were buried Monday in a simple Christian ceremony.

The official death toll is 37. The last victim, a male refugee, succumbed to his injuries at Nakorn Ping Hospital in Chiang Mai on Sunday. His body has yet to be returned to the camp for religious ceremonies.

Sa Mu, 29, who lost his 20-year-old brother and 15-year-old nephew in the blaze, said the fire began in Zone 1 while he was at home in Zone 4.

He ran out to help others in Zone 4 put out the fire.

"In only about 15 minutes, the fire spread quickly to my house. So I had to rush back home," he said, adding that he shouted for his family members to escape before running to a stream next to the camp.

But his brother and nephew could not make it out to the stream.

Joa Pa Hu, 26, the owner of the house where the fire was believed to have started, told police he was not at home when the blaze began.

"I left my two-year-old son sleeping at the house and went out to eat with my mother at another house," he said. "No one was at the house except my son."

He insisted he did not leave a cooking fire burning when he went out.

Toe La Si, 32, said many people heard the sound of a helicopter's rotors and saw sparks and smoke trails falling from the sky.

"It was like someone setting fire to different corners of the camp. It spread quickly from section 1 to 4," she said.

Khun Yuam district chief Charnchai Srisathien Monday said identification of the victims had been finalised. Of the 37 killed, 21 were male and 16 female.
Olá! Se você ainda não assinou, assine nosso RSS feed e receba nossas atualizações por email, ou siga nos no Twitter.
Nome: Email:


Post a Comment